Trailer

Christopher Nolan Praises Dune Following Denis Villeneuve’s Tenet Comments



Generations of moviegoers are currently going wild over Denis Villeneuve’s newly released Dune, and it would appear that another big director is on the Dune train, too. After Villeneuve raved about Christopher Nolan’s Tenet that was released mid-pandemic last year, Nolan returned the favor by praising the newest rendition of Frank Herbert’s Dune

Honestly, it makes a ton of sense that Christopher Nolan and Denis Villeneuve would be fans of each other, because their approach to movies are very much the same: go big or go home. Both directors are known for the awe inducing and jaw-dropping cinematic experience their movies produce. And if Villeneuve didn’t grab Dune, Nolan would probably have been the next best person to take up the task. 



Source link

Trailer

How Alec Baldwin Is Reportedly Coping After Halyna Hutchins’ Death



It’s always sad when there is a loss of life, and an untimely death resulting from an accident makes that loss weigh a little heavier. Halyna Hutchins tragically lost her life on the set of the western Rust after star Alec Baldwin discharged a firearm being used as a prop. Hutchins was working behind the camera as the cinematographer, and the director Joel Sauza was injured as well. Baldwin has since spoken out about the tragic accident, and now a source reveals just how Baldwin seems to be coping with the difficult reality of being the person whose handled the prop gun that ended Hutchins’ life. 

As the accident is still very fresh, authorities continue to investigate just what happened to cause such an unthinkable tragedy. Alec Baldwin has been open about cooperating with authorities, and now it seems he is dealing with some serious trauma from the accident. According to People’s source, Baldwin is leaning on his family for support through the difficult time. This is what is said of the actor’s coping strategy and space of mind right now:

It’s such an unthinkable tragedy and the grief and trauma for him are unbearable. Alec is still in shock and his heart is completely broken. He is doing his best to cope and is leaning on Hilaria and the kids for support.



Source link

Trailer

Evil Dead Rise Has Wrapped Filming, And A Ton Of Fake Blood Was Spilled To Get There



I don’t care how many renditions they make of The Evil Dead, I am unabashedly on board for whatever could come out of it, especially if the great Sam Raimi is involved. Evil Dead Rise is the newest, upcoming addition to The Evil Dead franchise, and it sounds like we can expect something a little different. The bloodiness of the franchise is apparently sticking, though, because Evil Dead Rise has wrapped filming and a whole lot of fake blood was used to create the horror flick. 

Sam Raimi is joined by horror writer/director Lee Cronin to bring us Evil Dead Rise, and he has given us a sweet update on the now wrapped film. Cronin posted an end-of-filming update on his Twitter that featured some seriously bloody pics. I’m honestly surprised that they’re not more bloody, though, because Cronin states that 6,500 liters of blood was used to make the film. You can check out the post below:

See more





Source link

Trailer

Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky IV Director’s Cut Is Already Making A Ton Of Money



Ahead of Creed III’s arrival, moviegoers will soon have the opportunity to witness a different take on one of the Rocky franchise’s most popular entries. Sylvester Stallone’s new cut of Rocky IV, a.k.a. Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago, will debut with a one-night theatrical screening on November 11, and it’ll be available on on-demand the day after. With tickets for said screening now on sale, word’s come in that Rocky IV’s director’s cut is already making an impressive amount of money.

Keeping in mind, once again, that Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago will only play on the big screen for one night from Fathom Events, Deadline reports that the movie’s pre-sales have already broken a pandemic record for the company, coming in at 120% ahead of the “next closest title at the same point in time.” The best opening for a Fathom Event remains BTS World Tour Love Yourself in Seoul back in 2019, with it debuting to $2.86 million at 997 locations and ending with a $3.5 million haul. Whether Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago  will come close to that remains to be seen, but clearly there’s a lot of interest in catching the director’s cut in a theatrical setting.



Source link

Trailer

Ryan Gosling’s Wolfman Reboot Has Made A Big Behind-The-Scenes Change



As the classic horror cinema characters such as Frankenstein’s monster and Dracula maintain their everlasting fandoms through celebrations such as Universal Studios’ Halloween-themed events, Hollywood continues its attempts to reboots the stable of  monsters for modern audiences. Ryan Gosling’s Wolfman reboot will follow in the spiritual footsteps of Leigh Whannel’s 2020 hit The Invisible Man, and previously had Whannel tapped as both co-writer and director. That’s not the case anymore, however, with Wolfman now being helmed by someone Gosling is quite familiar with.

It looks like Wolfman will be another reteaming for Ryan Gosling and the Oscar-nominated writer/director Derek Cianfrance, according to Deadline. A filmmaker most definitely not known for getting behind the camera for big-budget studio far, or for any kind of fantastical storytelling in general, Cianfrance is perhaps best known for his two collaborations with Gosling: 2010’s Blue Valentine, which earned Michelle Williams an Oscar nom, and 2012’s The Place Beyond the Pines. He’s a storyteller who delves into personal traumas and situations that are indeed horrific, even if they don’t count as “horror.”



Source link

Trailer

Hugh Jackman Injured His Nose During The Music Man Rehearsals, And I’m Ready For Ryan Reynolds’ Snarky Response



Sometimes being a big star isn’t quite as cool as you might think. Sometimes when Tom Cruise does his own stunts he breaks bones, and sometimes when Hugh Jackman is rehearsing for a big Broadway musical, he takes a hat to the face and cuts himself. No, really, this is a thing that happened. And somehow Ryan Reynolds hasn’t started laughing at him for it yet. 

Hugh Jackman posted a video to Instagram and Twitter today which includes him tossing around a boater hat, something he will presumably be wearing when he appears on stage as Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man in just a few months. As it turns out, such practicing can be dangerous as Jackman apparently cut the bridge of his nose with the hat. 





Source link

Trailer

How JLO And Ben Affleck Are Staying In Touch With Their Busy Schedules



It’s not unusual for a lot of busy couples to have trouble making enough time to be together. Everyone has work, family, friends, and other responsibilities that could easily get in the way if they don’t regularly set aside time for their significant other. The same might be even more true for celebrities, who frequently find themselves not just working long hours, but doing so far away from their romantic partners. After several months of a whirlwind relationship resurrection, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are now doing just that, but we have some idea of how they’re staying in touch with their very busy schedules.

JLo and Ben Affleck surprised everyone earlier this year, when they reconnected in the spring, after a whopping 17 years apart, and kicked off a renewed relationship that’s seen them become one of the world’s most famous couples again. But, as we know, they both have very busy careers, and are now working in different locales, meaning that they can’t be face to face on a daily basis. An anonymous source has told E! News, though, that Lopez and Affleck are finding ways to get in some good face time now, and said:

They are both filming during the week on location, but they have met up whenever possible. Ben has been in L.A., and JLo flew in from Vancouver to spend time with him. They hung out at his house and then left for the airport together on Sunday night. JLo has had her kids visit her in Vancouver, but she is also coming back and forth to L.A. They are working out their schedules so that they can be sure to see each other every few days. Things are good between them, and they are staying connected.



Source link

Trailer

Dune 2 Is Officially Happening, So Prepare For More Zendaya And Timothée Chalamet



This past weekend, after being delayed for nearly a full year, Denis Villenueve’s Dune finally opened in theaters and on HBO Max to a warm critical reception and an impressive turnout on the box office front. Unlike David Lynch’s Dune from 1984, Villeneuve’s adaptation only covered the first half of Frank Herbert’s original novel, and until today, it wasn’t a sure thing if we’d get a movie chronicling the second half. Well, worry no more, as Dune 2 is officially happening, so get ready to see more of Zendaya’s Chani and Timothée Chalamet’s Paul Atreides.

This announcement comes straight from Legendary Pictures, the production company behind Dune, and Warner Bros., the studio that distributed the movie. The latter has dated Dune 2 for October 20, 2023, and Timothée Chalamet even got in on the fun by sharing the sequel’s teaser poster.



Source link

Trailer

Disneyland May Have Found A Great Way To Get People To Pay Higher Prices



Yesterday, Disneyland made news by raising prices on the resort, both when it comes to tickets and parking. However, Disneyland  may have just found a way to convince a lot of fans to pay whatever it takes to visit the parks, as it is teasing the return of what maybe the park’s most iconic event, the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Rumors had been circulating that the Main Street Electrical Parade might be making a return to Disneyland and in a new video posted to the Disney Parks TikTok, it is being strongly indicated that exactly that is happening.

@disneyparks

Thousands of sparkling lights ✨ ##ToBeContinued ##Disney ##DisneyParks ##Disneyland ##Magic ##Lights

♬ original sound – Disney Parks



Source link

Trailer

Sonic 2’s Idris Elba On Voicing Knuckles For The Sequel



The Sonic the Hedgehog movie was that rare video game adaptation that was both a box office success, and one that was largely (if not universally) loved by critics. It was little surprise that the film was given a sequel. As with any sequel, the new movie is looking to be even bigger than the first, and part of how Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will do that is by including Idris Elba as Knuckles the Echidna.  

Idris Elba certainly has a unique and memorable voice, making him perfect to bring Knuckles to life, but Idris Elba has also been called the Sexiest Man Alive, so are we about to get a sexy echidna in Sonic 2? Luckily, no. While Idris Elba doesn’t tell ScreenRant anything about what Knuckles is, what he is not, apparently, is sexy. Elba says…

Honestly, I cannot say. Contractually, I cannot say anything. But I wouldn’t say he was sexy. I don’t think I’m going for that. That’s for sure.



Source link